The role is responsible for delivering best in class category leadership for a top 4 grocery account, driving category growth for the customer & JDE. The role is accountable for building excellent customer relationships & developing category growth insights & solutions.
The Category manager is responsible for driving Category Growth – Providing insights through to action to drive the customer’s outperformance in the category, making us a true partner of choice for our priority customers.
The role engages and partners with multiple internal teams to drive appropriate cross-functional collaboration to meet the customers, shoppers and JDE needs. Overall to ensure we are well placed to drive customer engagement and build a credible category based relationship through development of customer growth plans grounded in the category vision.
- Managing & developing a direct report within the category team is also a key part of the role, ensuring the associate has the right support & stretch opportunities to excel.
- Undertaking analysis using Nielsen, Kantar, Dunnhumby, Aimia, GfK and retailer’s own data systems where required to uncover insights & implications for the business & customer
- Supporting the customer with monthly reports, deep dives & ad hoc requests
- Evaluation & communication of customer changes internally & externally with recommendations eg range review outcomes, promotional strategy changes
- Supporting the monthly & yearly business cycle with insights & implications: commercial review, quarterly category reviews, Sales & marketing meetings
- Deliver engaging & impactful customer planning days in a timely manner
- Supporting Marketing and G2M process for relevant segment, involves providing insights for NPD, performance, activations etc